Welcome to PCAC Aged Care’s Account Application
NOTE: These Terms and Conditions will form the trading and credit arrangements between the Pharmacy and the customer for the provision of Services by the Pharmacy to the Customer and can only be varied by written notice by the Pharmacy to the Customer. Please take some time to review this Agreement. Use of our services constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Definitions – In the following Terms and Conditions; the “Pharmacy” shall mean “PCAC Aged Care” and any related body of the Pharmacy; “the Customer” shall mean the person(s) receiving Services or the “agent” of the resident (family member authorising this document) obtaining the Services as defined herein; “the Services” means the services to be provided by the Pharmacy to the Customer and any other services agreed in writing between the Pharmacy and the Customer. “RACF” – Residential Aged Care Facility shall mean the Aged Care Home that the Customer has an affiliation with.
- Acting in Reliance – The Customer warrants that the information provided by the Customer in this document and other forms as required is true and correct. Separate documents may be used to collect additional information, including Medicare numbers, Concession numbers, Private Health Insurance details, as well as current postal address, email address and other details as required from time to time. The Customer acknowledges that the Pharmacy in providing the Services to the Customer will act in reliance on this information.
- Services and Prices – The Pharmacy shall supply all over the counter items and other pharmaceutical supplies at competitive retail prices. Price variations may be applied pursuant to mitigating costs resultant from any material change in the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, Fuel Price Index or Inflationary Indices and in accompaniment with appropriate evidence thereto.
- Payment Terms – Payment for Services provided by the Pharmacy to the Customer shall be made by credit card or direct debit and are payable 14 days after the end of month in which they are to be provided. The Customer authorises the Pharmacy to direct debit or charge the credit card specified herein for payment of any charges. If the card issuer or its agent declines to pay any such charges, then the Customer shall pay them on demand. If the customer ceases to be located at the facility the pharmacy reserves the right to process by direct debit any outstanding amounts once notified. Payment terms are subject to change, notification of any change will be communicated at least 28 days prior. Credit card transactions do incur a transaction fee.
- Late Payments – If the Customer defaults in making payment to the Pharmacy in accordance with these terms and conditions the Pharmacy may in its absolute discretion:
(a) Charge the Customer a late payment administration fee of $15.
(b) Require the Customer to reimburse the Pharmacy within 7 days of receiving a written warning notice to prevent services to the account from being restricted or suspended resulting in medication not being supplied.
- Termination – The arrangements between the Pharmacy and the Customer may be terminated by 28 days’ written notice to the other PROVIDED THAT the Pharmacy may immediately terminate the arrangements for any breach by the Customer of these terms and conditions including if any monies due to the Pharmacy by the Customer are not paid within 28 days of the due date or the Customer becomes bankrupt.
- Privacy Authority – Where Services are supplied to the Customer on credit, the Customer irrevocably authorises the Elements Healthcare and the Pharmacy, its employees and agents to make such enquiries as it deems necessary to investigate the credit worthiness of the Customer from time to time and the Customer hereby authorises the information sources to disclose such information concerning the Customer which is in their possession and which is requested by Elements Healthcare or the Pharmacy.
- General – These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Pharmacy and the Customer relating to the Services and there are no agreements understandings warranties or representations between the parties other than those contained herein. It is the Customer’s responsibility to supply details of all up to date concession entitlement and Medicare number necessary for the performance of these terms and conditions. The singular shall include the plural and vice versa, words importing any gender shall include every other gender and where there is more than one party comprising the Customer, they shall be bound jointly and severally.
- GST – To the extent that the supply of Services under this Agreement is a taxable supply, the Fee shall be increased by an amount equal to any GST which is liable in respect of that supply. The Pharmacy has an obligation in providing a tax invoice for those services at the end of the month during which the Services are provided. The expressions of ‘GST’, ‘supply’, ‘taxable supply’, and ‘tax invoice’ have the same meaning as in A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act, 1999.